Workfirst NJ is New Jersey’s Plan to assist and support TANF and GA participants in finding and sustaining employment. When receiving TANF or GA, recipients are required to comply with a plan and participate in work activities.
- Emphasizes personal responsibility and offers clients the opportunity to become self-sufficient members of the community.
- Instills and promotes self-sufficiency and pride through work.
- Benefits can only be received for a maximum of 60 months. Recipients are required to participate in a work activity unless otherwise deferred.
- Work First New Jersey’s two programs:
- WFNJ Case Management helps clients become and stay employed by offering employment and training opportunities through. Case managers arrange and coordinate supports such as childcare and transportation related expenses for clients while participating in work activities. Post benefit supports may be available for up to two years after case closing due to employment.